Ambis is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the forthcoming EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Lawful Basis on which we store your data.
As a small recruitment agency our lawful basis under the Six Lawful Bases for Processing your Data, is Legitimate Interest.
The Data Controller
Ambis, as a small company of 2 people, is the data controller for any personal information you supply to us in relation to enquiries about our products, services and when registering as a client or candidate. Our full contact details are: Ambis Resourcing, 5 The Loke, Cringleford, Norwich, NR4 6XA, United Kingdom. Telephone number: 01923 859262 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we collect
Ambis may collect your personal data such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number and sensitive personal information obtained from your CV such as marital status, criminal convictions and ethnic origin. As a recruitment company the lawful basis for collecting this personal information, is Legitimate Interest. Ambis has never and will never use anyone’s personal details to contact you about anything other than recruitment.
Ambis holds, uses and discloses this information as set out below:
How we use your information
We use the data you have supplied to help you obtain the best recruitment service for you. We also require this information to understand your personal needs and recruitment requirements for the following reasons: –
- To provide and improve our services to you and for internal record-keeping
- To enable you to submit your CV on a general basis, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts
- To assess your details to match them with job roles, to assist Ambis in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information to clients for potential jobs or to assess your suitability for a job role
- To contact you via email, text or phone, about job roles or news that we believe you may be interested in
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of the Ambis website as a candidate or a client or both
- We may directly market jobs or career advice and advise you of any updates to our services Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from receiving any further communications from us
- From time to time we may send promotional emails about new services, or other information using the email address which you have provided
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
- All Ambis administration staff who format, and process CV’s comply with the Ambis undertakings of privacy and confidentiality
- The personal and sensitive personal information you provide us may very occasionally be sent to clients and third parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We will notify you if we wish to transfer your data to explore job opportunities for you outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and give you the opportunity to withhold your consent to such transfer. If we do transfer your personal information outside the EEA, we will take steps to ensure your privacy rights continue to be protected
- We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so by law
- You have the option of submitting your CV via our website, through job boards we subscribe to, or by providing your CV directly by email to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job you have seen, or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for other positions as they arise. You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV to Ambis
How long do we keep your information for?
GDPR makes no provision for the length of time recruitment agencies retain CV’s. We will only retain your data for as long as there is either a statutory requirement for us to do so or to be enable us to provide a service to you. This will usually require us to retain your personal data after any business relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes, or for future job roles that may be of benefit or interest to you and to deal with any account support questions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Ambis has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We undertake regular scans of our website and services to ensure your data is safe
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover areas within our site, linking to other websites. Visitors to our website, who click on links or banner adverts or information, are advised to read these other websites' privacy policies, as we are not responsible for, nor have control over information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties
Ambis is an equal opportunities recruitment company which means that all job candidates will receive equal treatment and that we do not discriminate on grounds of marital status, race, gender, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
Your rights to your information
You can withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time (otherwise known as “the right to be forgotten”). This may affect the services Ambis is able to supply you. Where Ambis is the data controller you are entitled to the following under the European Data Protection Act 1998 and the forthcoming GDPR, subject to some legal exemptions: –
- To request access to the data we hold about you for a reasonable fee
- To have any inaccuracies corrected free of charge
- To have your personal data erased
- To place restrictions on us processing your data
For more information on your rights, visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
Ambis Resourcing, 5 The Loke, Cringleford, Norwich NR4 6XA
Keeping contact details up to date on LinkedIn and Job Boards is vital
Recruiters and clients source candidates from Job Boards and LinkedIn by searching key skills and distance from postcode. Your contact info is vital.Read More